Please do not remove any info with out permission from
Lib.Thanks

Welcome

Thank you for coming by for a visit.
Please leave a comment,so I know you visited and I can visit with you .Come back anytime.Hope you enjoyed your visit.



Sunday, January 9, 2011

Go Green Crafting Reduce,Reuse,Recycle

As long as I can remember I have made some sort of crafts. I was recycling long before it became popular.I know its too early for some to think about ,I have started on next Christmas and birthday gifts. I do alot of crafting in the winter while its not such a busy season, Spring ,Summer and fall is filled with canning,freezing, drying food and outdoor work.The hearts are Ornies could be used for gift toppers, bowl fillers, etc..The gold, green,red,silver is made from pipe cleaners from the Dollar tree. Some of the fabric is scrap fabric. I cut hearts out hand stitch ,could be sown on the machine. I use fishing line for hanging the ornies.

I look for supplies at yard sales and Junk(thrift) stores.This doll dress is made from a shower curtain ,the lace was already on it. Before giving something to a Thrift store my Family and Friends offers for me to look through it first. My sister gave me this shower curtain. Curtains and sheets are a Great way to get lots of fabric .I always check the junk stores for both. I buy fabric for the doll body, and felt for hats and purse , everything else is pretty much recycled.
I shop antique shops for Custom jewerly and table scarfs etc.
Take a look around and see what you can recycle into somthing else . And help save Mama Earth!
More snow headed our way, a big one ,with snow there's no getting out of here, so I will craft the days away and fill my gift closet.:o)
Hope you have a Great Day!
Blessins',Lib

4 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

yep, you're getting snow and then sending it up to us.....however we really don't need anymore, so you are welcome to keep it for yourselves!!

Gill in Canada

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Lib,
Boy, you sure are getting a lot done!!! Good job! Nancy

Carole Burant said...

Such a wonderful way to recycle any type of material!! I just love the hearts and dolls:-) I don't think it's ever too early to think about Christmas again...as you say, the winter months are the perfect time to craft presents. At the little thrift shop just up the road from here, they have so much material scraps, a crafter would be in their glory!! lol

We don't have much snow at all which is so unusual. We've only had the one big snowfall and that was at the start of December and most of that is gone now. We are having frigid temps though!! xoxo

Linda said...

The hearts and new dolls are so pretty.....perfect to make during all the snowy weather. I love the way you make such pretties with all the bits and pieces you find here and there. Stay warm and cozy....hugs, Linda