Please do not remove any info with out permission from
Lib.Thanks

Welcome

Thank you for coming by for a visit.
Please leave a comment,so I know you visited and I can visit with you .Come back anytime.Hope you enjoyed your visit.



Monday, March 7, 2011

Applesauce to apple Butter

I found a great recipe for making apple butter from apple sauce .So easy. I had several cans of applesauce ,nobody but me would eat. SO I found a recipe and went to work. My Little Shadow helped me empty the cans into the crockpot.Use 1 cup of applesauce and 2/3 cup sugar,cinnamon to taste ,cook in crockpot on low for 3 hrs.

Fill jars and put into a waterbath for 10 mins.

Thats all there is to it. Put it on to cook and come back 3 hrs. later,No stirring etc.
I have several cans of pears, pumpkin, also peaches may try this recipe with those , make pear butter ,peach butter, and pumpkin butter.
Hope everyone has a great wk. We have the wk. off from caretaking.
Blessins',Lib

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh that looks good! I love apple butter. How nice to have such a good little helper! Mom got your letter the other day and was just so tickled to get it.
Kristie

Anonymous said...

Oh, I never heard of pumpkin butter.
What does it taste like?
Do you put pumpkin spice in
it. Is it good on toast or what?

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless You and Yours!!!

Anonymous said...

I would have helped you eat the applesauce Miz Lib...I for one love the stuff.

Also love some apple butter on a fresh warm biscuit!

Love to see your little helper!!♥

Carole Burant said...

I must remember this, such an easy way to make apple butter!! I'd love to try making the pumpkin butter this way as well. I tasted that for the first time last summer and loved it. I had bought a little jar but it's finished and I'm craving some more of it:-) xoxo

Gill - That British Woman said...

so is apple butter like a jam then? Is that what you use it as?

Gill